Sunday, December 16, 2012

I Have No Words

Many of my blogging friends are choosing to express their grief through writing. I totally get that. I want to, but it seems so permanent right now -- too concrete and what I'm feeling changes so fast that I can't force myself to make those words part of the permanence of the Internet. -

I did see a Tweet from a person who condemned bloggers for writing posts about this tragedy for the visitor hits. I can assure you that that is not the case with me (I doubt that it is for most) because, #1 I get no benefit from blog hits - my blog is not monetized and #2, I won't be posting the link on Facebook or Twitter as I normally do.

I just need to say what I need to say & it's that I'm drained. As a teacher. As a mother. As a human. I'm tired. I'm sad. And I grieve for the people of Newtown. And as much grief as I carry, it can't touch the abyss that has been created there. I can't even fathom it.

And I think that that is all I want to put into the concreteness of a blog post right today. My heart hurts.

God bless those of you directly affected by this awful, awful tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment