Friday, January 22, 2021

The New House of Sloth

 Ok, technically, it’s the 2nd new house since the last house, but I’m nit  picking. 

Since my 3 years ago post about my mom, a lot has changed.  All but one of the Sloth children have grown. Cody & Sydney have both gotten married to wonderful partners. Cody & Emily have had babies. Grandsloths! (And Cody will be adding another in June). All but Cody’s family are now in Virginia- where I moved in 2018. Sydney is in the middle of a criminal justice degree. Cody is in the Army National Guard. Emily was in the middle of a CNA license & the week clinicals were to start, people in her school started getting COVID. Fia is finishing her last year of elementary. She’s really into cosplay & theater.  I worked at a horrible place on as a government contractor for about 4 months after moving to the DC area. I now work for a different agency with a different consulting company & I really enjoy my job. My government client is great to work with. So, things are going well. 

Ok, now that that is out of the way... the level of political awareness and involvement in my life has increased drastically over the last 5 years. And I am absolutely committed to continue to contribute in anyway I can (while following the Hatch Act, of course). 

So, this morning, after taking a whole day off, I decided I wanted to make a list of Senate seats up in 2022. And my nerdy self started categorizing & making notes. So, I decided a good place to keep these things (& share them) would be here. 

I guess that serves as your warning :) I won’t be offended if you stop unfollowing. But you don’t get to complain because you’ve been warned. 

I don’t know everything that I’ll put on here, but I can promise you this: everything will have a source. I tend to follow this chart: https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-chart as a guideline  

Which reminds me, I made a tik tok about media bias.  You can find me there @crystalsloth7 - I’ve had a couple of videos from some protests go viral.  No  I will not be doing the dances. :) 

If it’s a rant that I’m posting, I’ll label it as that.  But I really foresee this as being a guide for 2022  

Crystal 


1 comment: