Friday, July 1, 2011

Being lazy should not be this hard.

If you happen to work at the cable company, the bank, or McDonald's - then you saw me this morning and probably thought, "she could have at least brushed her hair."  Sadly, I did.  I think I must have used the dog's brush though because when I got home and walked past the full length mirrors on the closet doors in the entryway, I was a little scared myself.

I went to bed around one.  Cody Sloth woke me up at 3:50, worried that we'd oversleep for his 4:30 drop-off at my dad's house (which is about three tenths of a mile away).  I got back to bed around 5:30.  Fia Sloth woke at 7:30.  I remembered my cable bill at 7:45 and Sophia asked for breakfast at 7:46, so off we went.  However, I looked like the first wave of the zombie apocalypse.   

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theogeo/
Don't get me wrong.  I've never been one of those "I can't leave the house without my face on" people.  I'm more of a "I hope I don't leave the house without my pants on" kind of person.

I've just never had time for all of that stuff...what with sleeping until the last possible second before I have to get up and all that taking precedence.  That's why I never even bothered with breakfast.  When I was teaching, I might have eaten a granola bar in the car on the way to work.    Now, I work from home, but with a Fia Sloth running around...well...I just spent the last 15 minutes vacuuming up an entire container of sea salt off of the kitchen floor.  And all of this because I had the nerve to change clothes.  I'm really hoping for a shower today.  Maybe when Mr. Sloth gets home.  (Dancer Sloth is having a day with her grandma and Emily Sloth just isn't old enough to keep track of the little beast darling for the entire six minutes I need for the shower).

I just remembered, I need to give the dog a bath.  It's probably a good thing I waited.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes...the elusive shower. Two year olds and showers are really a paradox of sorts.

    ReplyDelete