Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sloth, Socializing, and Swimsuits

I'm not anti-social.  I'm cautious.  And quite frankly, tend to be a little reserved in person.  At first.  ;-)

Emily was invited to a pool party for Girl Scouts tonight.  Families were welcome, so Fia, Sydney, and I tagged along.
Even pushing aside the fact that I don't feel well today (I've been asleep more than I've been awake today - really getting in touch with my inner sloth), it's important to understand that unless I'm submerged in water, I'll never be comfortable having a conversation with someone while I'm in a swimsuit.  This is not a new thing.  Even when I was skinny enough to blow away in a stiff wind, I was uncomfortable just standing around half nekkid yakking about whatever.
I've just become very...not anti-social.  I mean, if you say hi to me, I'll say hi back.  I may even wave at you or say hi first.  I just have a hard time getting back into "society" after hiding out for so long.  I just don't know how to go back to my "old self"  - and I don't know if I want to. But I'm working on it.  Just don't expect to see me on the PTA anytime soon.  :-)
Maybe I can try again in a a few months at a function that will allow me to come in jeans and a sweatshirt. :)

1 comment: