Saturday, September 3, 2011

There's a Reason I Never Leave the House

It's the last weekend that the city pool is open.  As I sat on my bed, barefoot, I promised my youngest two that I would take them, as we may not have time tomorrow - what with my busy social schedule and all. (Translation: Going to the "farm" at 3 p.m.)
I finally decided that I could no longer pretend that I was working and I may as well just get it over with.  So, I stood up.  And then I remembered it.  The Boot.  Yep.  I'm supposed to wear it to keep my ankle immobilized (we interrupt this blog for an ankle update: I think it's fine.  After not using it for a week or so, I think I just pulled something and screw removal will not be necessary at this time.  - I'mnotarealdoctor) Naturally, the first thing I did was tweet about it.  (Follow me!)  Then I got ready.  Swimsuit, boot, shorts, and out the door we went.
Fast forward to me deciding that holy bacon bits, it's hot outside (hey, it's International Bacon Day, by the way), so I was taking the Boot off and sitting on the side of the baby pool.  This requires removing my shorts if I don't want them to get wet.  After sitting for, oh, at least 30 minutes, I realized that my swim bottoms, were, in fact, on inside out.  I can't make this crap up.  Yes, I tweeted about that too.
We're getting ready to head to the drive in theater for a double feature of Cars 2 and the Smurfs (envy my life, I dare ya.)  I'll make sure Sydney looks over my attire before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment