Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I Resolve Nothing

I further have no top ten lists, nor any "best moments of."

I prefer to live in the moment.  If I don't lay down resolutions, I don't let anyone (least of all myself) down.  I don't want a date on a calendar to determine when I should decide to be healthy (although, I have certainly let a blood pressure and triglyceride number determine such things).  And, as for the other cliche' things, I don't smoke, I don't drink often at all (despite my obsession with good wine), and I work out as much as I find time am peer pressured by my Internet friends to do so. And all of the other things I do, well, I do them because I like to.  So, I'm not going to resolve to change them because the calendar rolls over.

I can't make a ten best anything of such and such year list because I'll always either a) not make it to ten or b) not be able to stop at ten.

I'm not all sloth, though. I do have goals.  I want to write more blog posts this year than I did last year.  I guess I can let the public hold me accountable to that.  But you can be certain that I'll never tell you I'm going to cut back on my sushi habit only to have people calling me out on it.  That just won't happen.


3 comments: