Monday, August 13, 2012

Butter Cows, Bacon Judging, and Hipsters in Skinny Jeans


Because Mr. Bieber's tickets are not in the checkbook range for anyone who didn't stalk Ticketmaster and buy them up in the first 20 minutes of sale (shame on you, Stubhub), I told Emily I would take her to see whoever may be at the Illinois State Fair. It turned out to be Hot Chelle Rae and Demi Lovato. I could live with the opening act, so I booked the tickets in mid-July.

Many of you have already heard that the night before we decided to bring Sydney along. Somehow, I ended up with a seat right next to the two I had purchased a month earlier. Turns out it probably wouldn't have mattered. It wasn't like it was a packed Banker's Life Fieldhouse or anything.

Anyway, here was our day in pictures:


My little mini-hipster, ready for the fair.
Dropping off my sick baby with Grandma.

This one is for Kayla.

The answer to WHY it is so important that we see the butter cow.

It's a thing of beauty.




I looked up the website...they actually spell it this way. I don't know why.

Most of my girls ;-)

Unfortunately, they weren't offering samples.

Bacon Judging. Dream Job.

Why? Because pizza is so hard to eat?


Waiting for Hot Chelle Ray and Demi Lovato.
The girls knew they were about to come on stage when they spotted the skinny jeans.
I knew one song. One. It was the last one she played.

No comments:

Post a Comment