Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Oh, Hey, I Remember You!

I guess it's a good thing this is a Sloth blog since I seem to be holding up that end of the deal - at least on the blogging end of my life.

So, my last entry was at the end of May.

Since then, well, the calendar says it's Summer, but it's really only felt like it for about a week. (Then again, I don't get outside much - which is the reason for the lack of blogging. All I do is work and drive to dance. ;-) )

We went to Fort Walton Beach for dance nationals/vacation. It was beautiful....even though it was like a scene from the Friends episode when they go to Barbados. It rained. A lot. The beach was closed 5 out of the 8 days we were there. There was flooding. But it was still better than Illinois.

The biggest news this Summer was that Andrew graduated from Basic in July. We are very proud of him!  He'll graduate AIT in a few weeks -and is looking forward to his time to pass so that he can go full time. He really enjoys the Army life.

The news we don't want to talk about is that Cody and Melissa are about to start their senior years. That's all I have to say. I don't want to talk about it.

Sydney, Emily, and Sophia have August off of dance. It's kind of weird. I don't think we had a full month off last year. It's kind of nice. I think we're all exhausted. But in September, they all start back up. All three girls are on the team now (Sophia will be on the "mini-team" - just one competition, but she's very excited.)

That's about it. Greg and I are boring. We don't have anything to report.

For a "What I Did On My Summer Vacation" report, this is pretty dry. You can see all of my apparently annoying palm tree pictures on Instagram though. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment