Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fifteen

My son turns 15 today.  I'm not sure how that is possible as I'm certain I'm still only 25, at the most.  But, well, he's in driver's ed.  I just helped him fill out his registration for his sophomore year of high school.  And I let him stay out until 11 last night.  So, I guess that means he really is 15.

How do 15 years go by that quickly?  I was just 15 when I moved to this town and it doesn't seem like that long ago.  And for that matter why do I still live here? I swore that the day I turned 18, I was moving and never coming back.  Oh wait, that's can of worms that I probably should save for a therapist's couch and not open up on a public blog. :-)

But yet, I go to the grocery store and babies that I used to watch in the nursery at Sunday school or teach in VBS as preschoolers are ringing up my groceries.  I used to do that.  My W-2's are probably starting to yellow.

I started a gym membership with my sister last night.  I tried yoga for the first time.  It was pretty clear that 15, even 20 years have indeed passed...not to mention four kids, a broken ankle, and years of perfecting the art of sloth have left me with some goals to achieve.  Maybe it will give me some blog material.  Don't hold your breath though.  Even my fingers were tired last night.  I couldn't have typed a coherent sentence if my life depended on it.

So now, I'm off to tackle the gym again so I can take my newly 15 year old son to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch.  Yeah....I see the irony.  I like irony.  So what.

Happy Birthday, Cody.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment