Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Taking This Sloth Thing to New Levels

I found out last week that I had pneumonia.  Again.  For those keeping score,  you get to put a slash across your tally marks.  That makes FIVE times now (in ten years...seriously???) !  I am only 35.  I don't have any auto-immune disorders.  I just have weak lungs, I guess.

Of course, this was a mild case.  Everything will be a mild case compared to the great Valley Fever-inspired Honeymoon Extravaganza of 2007.  I plan to repost an old "mommy board" post about that when the time comes. :-) (Hey...free blog material lol)  But still, when I get that "plastic bag over my head, icepick in my back, and gasping for air" feeling, I kind of start to freak out.   So much so, that I went to the doctor after only two days of feeling bad.  That's some sort of record.

So, I spent Tuesday and Wednesday feeling awful.  Thursday, I thought I felt better.  I took Sydney to dance.  We were only going to stay for her solo.  Maurice, my trusty *coughnotfromthepneumoniacough* car, had other plans.  The transmission went out on the exit ramp.  I limped her to the dance studio and waited for Mr. Sloth to pick us up.  We went out for dinner, where I was progressively began feeling worse.

Friday, I couldn't even sit up.  It was not a good day.  I didn't have a car to go back to the doctor, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been ok to drive anyway.  By Saturday, though, I was sitting up and able to eat a bit.  I was determined to get well enough to sit in the theater on Sunday so Sophia could watch the Justin Bieber movie.  (Hush, it's so cute...she dances and sings...and shhhhhh I thought the movie was adorable and I think the kid is incredibly talented.  So there.)

So, with that last sentence, I've spoiled it.  I was able to crawl out of bed on Sunday to go to the movies.  Don't worry, I'd been on antibiotics for 5 days.  I wans't going to contaminate any of the little Beliebers. :-)  Sydney and Melissa went with us, but being 12 and 15, they were way too cool to be seen in that theater, so they saw the new Adam Sandler movie. lol

Fast forward to today, Tuesday - a week after I went to the doctor, about 9 days after I started feeling sick.  I'm still laying around.  It's a good thing I'm a Sloth and that kind of thing is acceptable, huh?

1 comment:

  1. And to think, you didn't even have to leave the state to get sick . This time. Much more efficient.. or should I say .. SLOTHFUL??
    sez Suzi

    ReplyDelete