Thursday, April 28, 2011

She's Either Keeping Me Young or Rapidly Aging Me. I Haven't Decided.

My former mother-in-law always said that there was a reason she had her kids when she was in her early 20's.  Being in my early 20's when she said these things to me, I always laughed - not quite knowing what she meant.

And then I had a baby when I was 33.  No, wait.  That wasn't bad.

Then, I had a two-and-a-half year old when I was on the cusp of turning 36.  Yeah, about three months ago, it really, truly hit me, what she meant.

Sure, there are definite advantages to having your children later in life.  I'm not here to discuss that.  I don't have time.  She just let the dog outside again.

I"m sure that my other children were just as precocious as she is.  That's my nice way of saying she's an ornery little booger.  And maybe I have parenting-induced amnesia, but I'm pretty sure she's one-upped all three of them in the mischief department.



Now I have to go find the dog.

1 comment:

  1. a friend of mine had her first child when she was 35, 7 yrs later she has a 1st grader, pre-schooler & 18 month old :O . I go over there, have fun playing with the little ones & then come home, collapse in my quiet house & bless my 13 & 10 yr olds lol. (and yes, I'm her age--you're still a babe in arms ;)

    Love your blog btw--so glad I finally conquered my sloth to read it ;)

    ReplyDelete