Tuesday, August 9, 2011

More Stories From The Gym

I have to wonder if they just don't know.  People.  Out in public.  Today, specifically at the gym, but this could really apply anywhere.  Do they just think it's ok to have loud and often inappropriate public conversations as if they are the only two people in the room?  Or are they just not aware that a blogger may be lurking on the treadmill looking for material overhearing their conversation?

I heard a good one today.  I won't divulge the conversation.  Mostly because it was really not all that exciting to begin with - but we'll just say that it's because I don't want to embarrass them should they be readers of the blog, or a far more likely possibility, have Russian relatives who may let them on to my real reason for joining the gym.

But really, these two guys (and guys are the worst...it's like they don't even know anyone else is there) were just going on and on about Topic A.  Topic A was not all that interesting to me, really - what was interesting was the Man 1: "oh, well, he said this, and I totally got all up in  his business and told him how it was." and Man 2: "Good for you, dude.  You totally showed him."  When I imagine the conversation (given the context) was probably more like, "Yes, sir.  I understand."  But, you know, it's the gym, where you have to show how tough you are. ;-)  But then, just as I was about to leave, it started to get, um...locker-room topic-y (Yes, I totally made that word up.  It's my blog.  I can do that.  It's in the rule book.  Really).  But again, I imagined the actual conversation going a tad different than the way it was being replayed...

Anyway, the point of all of this is that I really need an iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment