Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Sloth On A Treadmill

This will not be a post with photos.

If you look back to this entry in honor of Cody Sloth's birthday, you will see that I joined the Fitness Center.  Amazingly, I'm still going.  When I started, I was doing yoga and pilates - both of which I found that I love.  Who knew?

Anyway, I found that I was quickly becoming a lot stronger and more flexible, and what do you know?  That ankle? It can still move!  I had been avoiding the treadmill because I was still terribly afraid of causing any pain to that joint.  However, after awhile, I was found myself slowly walking on the treadmill....then I was going a little faster.  Then I was running.  Ok...not fast.  Not even what most people would probably consider running, but for *me* it was huge.

So, I decided I'd go ahead and give it a try.  After about two weeks, my knee started hurting.  A lot.  (My ankle was fine, go figure).  I bought some good running shoes.  They helped.  A lot.  But my knee was still hurting.  I'm still working on that.  It's feeling a little better (likely with the help of anti-inflammatory meds and a knee brace).  But on Monday, I started the Couch to 5K program back up.   Today, I forgot my knee brace, so I only ran until I started to feel like it might be uncomfortable.

It may take me 16 weeks to do the 8 week program - I am a Sloth, afterall.  But I will do it.  And now I have to, because I've said it in public, and apparently, all of Russia is rooting me on.

No comments:

Post a Comment